1:15 PM

Assessment Task 1

My Blogger Page

Blogger, possibly one of my favorite blogging sites of all time! I have been using blogger for quite some time so being able to use it as part of one of my classes was a real treat for me. I do enjoy posting although I have not been doing as much of it as I would have liked to have been doing. The total count for my blog posts at this current point in time is sixteen posts. Like I said, not as many as I would have liked to have done.

-sigh-

Some of the more interesting posts that I have made include:

I have gone for a completely unrelated template. However, this is not the template that I wished to use. If you click on this link you will be able to go to an example of the blog skin that I worked on and wanted to use.

For navigations sake I have chosen a simple and straight forward layout. Also, due to the fact that we use Mozilla Firefox in class as opposed to IE it is easier to have my current template so that there are no screw ups in the layout. I enjoy having something that is completely different from what the rest of the ‘group’ has.

In order to improve the aesthetic qualities of my blog I did several things. Like I stated before, I have used a template that was not specified by Blogger. On this I then edited the sub title fonts. I felt that the previous fonts were far to overpowering and drew the attention away from the blog itself. I also edited the color of the fonts from white to grey on the side navigation bar. My blog also has background music. Yay background music!!!

Tags that I have used:

  • Mpi104
  • Delicious
  • Flickr
  • Personal
  • Hitman
  • Miss Bimbo


I have made comments on the blogs of other students in the class. Some of the more interesting blog comments would be:

The other aspects that I explored in blogger would be the promotion of my blog site and the use of an internal search engine to find a specifically desired blog post. You can see these additions at the top of the page. I love it. Makes my page just a little bit easier to navigate.


My Del.icio.us Account

At this point and time I currently have forty seven websites in my Del.icio.us archive. These sites include many of the class member blog sites, among some of my person favorites. I have chosen to use Del.icio.us as a way to both tag interesting and useful sites.

Alot of the websites that I visit are random sites that I like to look at when I’m feeling extremely bored or sites that I need to keep bookmarked for future reference. It’s great to be able to cart stuff like that around with you anywhere you go. I love it. My three favorite sites that I have linked on my delicious account are:


My Flickr Account

I have grown to love flickr over the past few weeks. I wasn't really much for Photosharing websites until I was introduced to Flickr in class. It is an easy image hosting website and it opens up alot of doorways for those who use it. I got a little out of hand with Flickr and managed to post 146 images up on the site. Dear oh dear I think that I may need to get rid of a few so that I can add more otherwise I may have to open up a new account.

Below you will see my three favorite images out of the many that I have on my flickr account. Also if you have a look on the MPI104 2008 Group you will be able to see that I have posted many of my images up in the group sharing folder.

Also here are some links to my favorite images on Flickr:


3 rawrs:

Triena said...

wow your blog is really really good well done! lol

Paul Millgate said...

Tracey you are amazing at this! I can barely find anything I would want to say on a public forum like this - but somehow you actually make the idea seem appealing!
I wouldnt mind some pointers!
Paul :)

Serena said...

Sweet! That's awesome Tracey! I think I left you a comment somewhere some time ago but I'm not sure where since your blog is so huge! Good use of music, how did you do that? Anyway yes I'm the one who gave you the anime recommendations! Anyway good luck tomorrow with the MPI104 assessment! Oh yeah here's a link to my updated Blog!
updated blog

Berserk Picture From Front of DVD

Berserk Picture From Front of DVD
Berserk is Nummy