10:27 PM

The 'MissBimbo.Com' Virtual Site

The ‘MissBimbo.Com’ Virtual Site

OH MY GOD is all I could say when I saw this website. I mean, who would make a site that promotes anorexia and ‘slutty’ behavior. MissBimbo.Com is a virtual website that was politely described as “A Virtual Fashion Game For Girls” by it’s creator. How is this a virtual fashion game when the girls who play this game are encouraged to put their dolls on Crash diets and put their dolls through plastic surgery to make them more popular on the site. They are also encouraged to find a ‘sugar-daddy’ so that they don’t have to work. Should a site really be sending this view out to young girls?

Due to illness I was crashed out on the floor of my apartment and I was watching the midday news. I was drugged up on Panamax to kill the incredibly evil pain in my throat caused by TONSILITIS, and wasn't really paying attention until I heard the mention of MissBimbo.com. So, in my drugged stupor I decided that I would investigate the site and was horrified to find a site that promoted crash dieting and plastic surgery in order to gain popularity. I mean come on, WHAT THE HELL!?

Bill Hibberd, of parents' rights group Parentkind, told the Times the game sends a dangerous message to young girls. He said: "It is one thing if a child recognizes it as a silly and stupid game. But the danger is that a nine-year-old fails to appreciate the irony and sees the Bimbo as a cool role model. Then the game becomes a hazard and a menace."1 I can’t help but agree with Mr. Hibberd on this issue. The minds of children are very impressionable and a lot of teenaged women are very insecure about the changes that are occuring with their body. Due to these things it is quite possible that there will be an increase in the ‘Bimboish’ attitude in younger females.

I made a ‘MissBimbo’ account to see how anyone could see this as a silly and stupid game. I can understand why some younger females may find this site so appealing. I mean it gives them a chance to build the Bimbos in the way they might want to be seen. Still it doesn’t send the best message to kids. Have a look at some of the screen shots that I took from the site. I couldn't help but be horrified by the things that were on the site. It both disturbed and irritated me. Have a look at some of the snapshots below:

This is the home page. Under Quick Registration it reads as follows:
  • Find your own cool place to live.
  • Find a fun job to pay for your needs and all the clothes a Bimbo could possibly want.
  • Shop for the latest fashions and become the trendsetting bimbo in town !
  • Become a socialite and skyrocket to the top of fame and popularity.
  • Date that famous hottie you've had your eye on and show the Bimbo world the social starlet you are !
  • Even resort to meds or plastic surgery. Stop at nothing to become the reigning bimbo !
  • Tackle your 104 tasks as quick as possible to become the rising star bimbo !!
I know it must sound like I am completely against surgery of any kind for self improvement but I’m not. I just don’t see why such a thing as Plastic Surgery should be impressed upon by a website that is made for YOUNG girls. Should we not pre impressing upon these young ladies that their bodies are fine the way they are, but if they choose to want to change the way they look that can look at PROPER dieting and the possibility of plastic surgery.

I think that the web has gone a little too far with this website. You would think that someone would have moderated this site so that only people 18 years and over would be able to go onto it at least. What the hell was the designer thinking? That something like this could be just harmless stupid fun?

Damn Idiot.

For Shame internet, FOR SHAME.

If You would like to agree/disagree with me on this subject please feel free to make a comment on this blog post. I would like to hear about the opinions of other concerned women/parents.

0 rawrs:

Berserk Picture From Front of DVD

Berserk Picture From Front of DVD
Berserk is Nummy