1:57 PM

Flickr

broken heart
My first impressions of Flickr...hmm.

I would have to say that I definately like Flickr. It has a heap of great options and allows you to not only upload photos but share them with your friends and family, and even your group/s. The Flickr website reminds me alot of Deviant Art. You can upload photos, comment on other user's photos and join groups. Even though I have already stated what Flickr offers broadly, I would like to make a list of all of the things that Flickr has to offer to it's users.

  • You are able to post a personal comment about your image. In other words, a description
  • People can view and comment on your images
  • You can join groups and add images or the entire group to have a look at.
  • You can create topic discussions within these groups.
  • You can view images as slide shows
  • You can add favorites. I really like this option because I like to keep track of images that I really like
  • You can post images straight from Flickr and onto your blog.

These are only a few of the options that Flickr offers, but I didn't want to go into specific detail. It would start to sound like I am quoting Damien, and we wouldn't want that would we? Hehe.

However, I prefer Flickr over Deviant Art due to the fact that Deviant Art has way too many categories that you can stick your images into and that irritates me just a little bit. All I want to do is upload my artwork and images, not screw around for like, five minutes trying to get them uploaded and then finding out that I can't upload CMYK images because the site only supports RGB.

What I also like about Flickr is that you can link it to your Yahoo Account if you have one. Of course I use Yahoo Messenger to stay in contact with people so I had one. It makes things a whole lot easier.

Anyways, I will stop ranting. To sum it up, I'm very impressed with Flickr and I think that I am going to have tonnes of fun with it.

If you would like to have a look at my Flickr Account, check out the site below

My Flickr Account

Also, I was having a read of the link on the MPI104 Blog about Flickr and their pantent on Interestingness. What the hell? I didn't understand all that well but it seemed to me like that Flickr was attempting to claim Interestingness on behalf of their site. It seems a little weird to me but I can't help but agree with the comment that was placed up by Peter Rotham.



Web 2.0

Web 2.0 is a term describing a trend in the use of World Wide Web technology and web design that aims to facilitate creativity, information sharing, and, most notably, collaboration among users. - Wikipedia

This description refers to many if not all of the websites that we have been using in class.

A blog falls into the category of Web 2.0 because of the fact that it uses a wide range of different aspects to instill creativity, information sharing and collaboration among users. Over the last few weeks we have been looking at how we can improve not only the aesthetic but the technical qualities of our sites.

Blogger promotes information sharing because of the simple fact that it's a blog, an online journal that you can put your thoughts, feelings and experiences onto. Also it has the option to be able to comment on other user's entries so it promotes interaction between other users even if they don't really know one another.

This same system is employed in Flickr. Although it is different from Blogger, it is still used to document creativity and promotes interaction between users. It has the options to upload your photos, join groups and leave comments on other users images, as I stated above in the Flickr section of this post.

I'm sure that Del.icio.us will be the same way.




0 rawrs:

Berserk Picture From Front of DVD

Berserk Picture From Front of DVD
Berserk is Nummy